Monday, February 2, 2009

The Escalator at Porter Square

If you have been reading my blog for long, you know that we use public transportation almost exclusively in Boston. Basically it's just easier! The pedestrians can typically walk faster than you can drive in the city!

We have been going to Blockbuster about once every week or so, because it is too cold to do much outside right now. Usually David and I go, or the boys go, but we had never had the girls go with us for some reason... So, I kept telling the girls that the "longest" escalator I had ever seen was at the Porter Square T stop.

This picture was taken after about 10 seconds of riding already. There are 2 escalators this same length, just to get to the surface of the earth! Wow - we were really far underground!

1 comment:

Suze said...

FREAKY! They have one in Vancouver from the Skytrain station, up to a mall. It freaks me out just thinking of it. I don't like heights