Monday, September 29, 2008

City Living

I really love living in a big city.

I love Richland too, and it will always be my home. But, I love the feeling and the vibe of being right in the city. There is just a feeling here that I have only felt one other place - when David and I went to Miami Beach, Florida last Spring.

We can walk one block in any direction and go to Dominoes, Subway, McDonalds, RiteAid, CVS, Whole Foods Market, my nail shop, about 3 Dunkin Doughnuts and countless other shops. We really only use our car on weekends or to get groceries. I even love the subway! It is not at all like they show on tv!

I also love the history and all the fun things to do. I never understood what people meant, when they said that there was no cultural things to do in Richland... now I get it! We could go on a tour everyday and visit a new place everyday here, and we would not be able to see everything in one year! It is just an awesome place to be!

Marissa and Brynn ran an errand with me the other day and I took this picture of them on our way back to the apartment. You can see it behind them. These decorative balls line the whole street. They are in front of the government buildings to protect it.

No comments: