Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Apparantly We Have a Cleaning Lady...

The kids and I were having a lazy afternoon today. We had gone to a neighborhood park and out to lunch at a little deli on our property. We were on our way back to the apartment when it started dripping a little bit. We had just made it under the canopy when it started to rain. We got up to our apartment and Chaz and I started watching this huge storm roll in. It moved so fast, that in about 2 minutes, we could not even see across the river. Marissa yelled that one of our boxes had blown off of the balcony. I ran out to the balcony, but I never could see where that box landed! The storm was so bad, that David's flight left 2 hours late because they had to divert his plane to Maine. The storm only lasted about 15 minutes and then it was over...I think about an inch of rain fell in that 15 minutes though!

We had just finished lunch and we were getting ready to take a nap when we got a knock on the door. I answered the door and a cleaning lady was standing there and told me she was here to clean the apartment. I kind of laughed and told her she must be at the wrong apartment because I hadn't ordered the weekly cleaning service. She said that the company was paying for her to come. So, I let her in and she proceeded to clean the apartment.

Apparently she is going to come every week and change the bed linens, clean all 3 bathrooms and the kitchen and vacuum and dust the whole apartment... It was a little weird to sit here while she cleaned, so we may plan to be gone to the park or something next week.

I told Eileen and Vesta that I wasn't going to order the cleaning service because I thought it would be weird for someone else to come and clean...although it was a little weird, it was also kinda nice!

2 comments:

Suze said...

You're seriously going to argue with a free cleaning service? Like HELLO???? Could this Boston thing get any better for you guys? I'm looking at flights there as we speak! When's a good time to visit! LOL!

Deena said...

Come ANYTIME...we would LOVE visitors!