Saturday, December 20, 2008

Trying to Get Back to WA...

Ok, so it has been a week since our escipades in trying to get from Boston to Richland. It is finally at the funny point! We left for the aiport at about 4pm because we had a 6:30pm flight. We got all checked in and headed for our gate. We got settled, Marissa got out her laptop to play a game and Brynn quickly found a friend to play with. We quickly found out that our plane had been delayed for 2 hours becuase of the weather in Seattle. We sat there for another hour, and then they bumped our flight up to 7pm, so at 6:15 they started loading all of us on the plane. Right after we all got settled, they delayed our flight again for 2 more hours. So the stewardess' served drinks and we all watched tv (or slept in David's case) for 2 hours before the plane took off for our 6 1/2 hour flight! And that was just the begining.... We landed at 11:30pm West Coast time (2:30 am to us) and we knew that we had missed our 10pm flight to Pasco. But then we found out that while we were in the air, our Pasco flight had been canceled! So of course, everyone else on that flight had already re-booked for the next day! I headed to get the luggage with Marissa and Davide took Brynn to see about re-booking our next flight.

I found where the carolsel where our luggage was supposed to be coming down and we started to wait....and wait....and wait. Finally about 20 minutes later, it looked like our luggae was going to start coming down the shoot and it did for about 5 minutes. We got one of our 5 bags and then the shoot to bring the bags to the carolsel broke. A guy came to fix it, but when he couldn't figure it our he started carrying the bags down 2 at a time!!! LOL - after 20 more minutes we had 3 more of our bags! We were still waiting for the last one when a new guy came to fix the carosel and the rest of the bags finally showed up!

David and Brynn finally showed up. The best flight that they were able to get for us was a 8pm the next night to Walla Walla, then we still had to rent a car and drive the 1 hour to Richland! So, at this point it was about 12:00am (3am East Coast time), so we were hungry and exhausted. We looked around the airport, but of course EVERYTHING was closed! So we started calling Hotels to see if any were available. After about 25 minutes of calling we found one room available. It was only $180.00 a night - LOL at that point, it didn't matter, we just wanted to sleep. So we made our reservations and then asked for a shuttle. The hotel clerk said that the roads were too bad and the shuttle wasnn't running, so we would have to take a cab. No problem right.... WRONG. We got in line for a taxi and stayed in line for the next 2 hours...Yep, we finally got to the hotel at 3am (6am East Coast time). We still hadn't had dinner and now it was breakfast time. Fortunately, our room was a suite with a kitchen and they had a "pantry" that we could purchase hot-pockets, tv dinners, crackers and drinks from. We took the food up to our room and I started cooking the food while David started the fire in the fire place.

We got the girls tucked into bed and then David and I made our dinner and sat by the fire to eat. David was sooooo tired that he kept falling asleep while he was eating!!!!

We finally got to bed at 4am (7am East Coast time) and we got back up at 8:30, ate breakfast, checked the weather and decided to rent a car and drive to Richland! Later we found out it was a good decision becuase the flight to both Walla Walla and Richland for the next day were all cancelled! What a crazy trip!

1 comment:

SortaFlowering Designs said...

Oh my gosh!!! It's been a few days since I have been to your blog, you guys sure do get into some adventures! :) Glad that your Christmas turned out groovy with lots of smiles, love the pics, hope your trip back is much saner... Happy new year to you and the crew =^.^=