Sunday, November 16, 2008

Walden Pond

Today we went to visit Walden Pond. I was reading L. Tom Perry's talk in the November Ensign and he talked about what a beautiful and peacful place it was and then when I discovered it was only a 20 minute drive from our home, I decided it would be a great Sunday activity to go there and walk around.


It was really windy at the pond. It is a lot bigger than we thought it would be. We were going to hike around a bit, but it was so cold and windy, we only stayed about 15 minutes.


The kids stopped and threw some leaves in the air - it was a fun shot!


Jace took a picture of David and I at the spot were Thoreau built his cabin.

2 comments:

Chesney said...

how fun!!! you guys are really getting to do some neat things while you are there. you are coming back right???

Deena said...

Yeah, we will be back - but if we could get all of our family and friends to move here, I would never leave!